Wes Rogers is a partner with Rella Paolini Rogers. Wes was raised in Cranbrook and returned to his hometown in 2010 to practice law and raise his family. Prior to returning to the Kootenays, Wes practiced law in Calgary, Alberta, with one of Canada’s national law firms.
Wes’ law practice is exclusively in the area of personal injury law and motor vehicle accident claims. He only represents plaintiffs and focuses on cases involving mild and severe traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and significant orthopedic, spinal and psychological injuries. He also handles insurance claims that result from negligence on commercial and residential premises.
It is important to recognize that every case is different and Wes recognizes that each client has unique and individual circumstances. He completes a detailed and comprehensive review of medical, education and employment documents, and conducts multiple interviews with the client and other potential witnesses (e.g. family members or employers), in order to accurately assess how a personal injury has affected a client and how it will affect them in the future.Wes has a very successful history of resolving cases through trial or settlement including cases with difficult fact scenarios and complex medical diagnoses. Some of the cases in which Wes has obtained significant awards or settlements include:
- Motorcyclist sustained a traumatic brain injury, psychological injuries and severe orthopedic injuries after being struck by USA resident in British Columbia.
- Elderly pedestrian sustained a traumatic brain injury and severe orthopedic injuries after being struck within a crosswalk by a motor vehicle.
- Care Aide driver sustained severe soft tissue injuries which developed into chronic pain after a motor vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with client’s motor vehicle.
- Passenger sustained severe internal injuries, psychological injuries, orthopedic injuries and a traumatic brain injury after the vehicle the client was travelling in lost control in winter conditions in Alberta.
- Coal mine employee travelling on a motorcycle sustained traumatic brain injury and severe orthopedic injuries after being struck by Alberta resident in British Columbia.
- Passenger sustained severe spinal fracture and a traumatic brain injury after the vehicle the client was travelling in lost control in winter conditions and collided with an oncoming motor vehicle.
- Floor installer travelling on a bicycle sustained soft tissue injuries and a traumatic brain injury after a motor vehicle failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with client’s bicycle.
- Infant pedestrian sustained soft tissue injuries which developed into chronic pain after motor vehicle failed to see client in a marked crosswalk.
- Driver sustained traumatic brain injury and orthopedic injuries that significantly affected employment when a motor vehicle crossed into the client’s highway travel lane.
- Passenger sustained facial, psychological and soft tissue injuries in a significant accident involving fatalities.
- Driver sustained spinal injuries after a motor vehicle crossed into client’s highway lane and collided head-on with client’s vehicle.
- Infant passenger sustained traumatic brain injury after reckless driver collided with vehicle that client was travelling in.
- Single mother sustained soft tissue injuries that developed into chronic pain after she slipped and fell on commercial premises.
Wes also emphasizes that a personal injury claim is not only about the settlement or judgement. Personal injury claims take time to process and it is integral that clients receive the appropriate medical and rehabilitation treatment over the course of the claim. As a claim is processed, Wes ensures that his clients receive the best rehabilitation treatment whether it is paid through insurance companies or other sources. He also ensures that his clients obtain the appropriate compensation for recommended treatment following resolution of their claim.
Wes also ensures that clients have access to the top medical, economic and liability specialists to properly present clients’ cases at trial. It is integral that clients have the appropriate individuals to present expert opinion in the courts to contest insurance companies’ views of clients’ claims.
Wes practices law through his personal law corporation and is licensed to practice law in both British Columbia and Alberta.
Areas of Practice
Professional & Civic Activities
- Governor, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Chair, East Kootenay Foundation for Health
- Chair, MRI Image of Health campaign
- Vice-President, Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Alberta Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Kootenay Bar Association
- Presenter, End Distracted Driving Campaign
Bar & Court Admissions
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2010)
- Member, Law Society of Alberta (2009)
Professional Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (2008), University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Management (2005) with Great Distinction, University of Lethbridge
- Academic All Canadian – Track & Field